My secret place and my very own World.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008
A Birthday Present
Just 5 days before my nephew Aljon’s big celebration of his first birthday, I’m still thinking what kind of gift I’m going to buy for him. I already think a lot of gift toys and other stuff I want to buy but still I’m undecided.

Then I found this cake through my email from Betty Crocker. I think that Aljon will surely be happy receiving this cake.

Little Car Cakes


Ingredients:
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
Large tray or cardboard, covered with foil
2 containers Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
Blue, red, green and yellow food colors
Red or black string licorice
8 yellow round starlight candies
10 creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
1 red or orange gumdrop
2 birthday cake candles

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease bottoms only of three 8x4-inch loaf pans, or spray bottoms with cooking spray.

2. Make cake batter as directed on cake mix box. Divide batter evenly among pans.

3. Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pans to loosen cakes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Freeze cakes uncovered about 1 hour for easier frosting if desired.

4. Remove 1/4 cup frosting from each container; set aside. To make purple frosting, stir 8 drops blue food color and 8 drops red food color into 1 container frosting. To make green frosting, stir 3 drops green food color and 3 drops yellow food color into other container frosting.

5. Place 2 loaves, rounded sides down, on tray; frost one with about two-thirds of the purple frosting; frost the other with two-thirds of the green frosting. Cut remaining loaf crosswise in half; taper the cut edges slightly to form windshields. Place one half on each cake for cab, placing about 3 inches from front edge and with tapered windshield side toward front of car. Frost windows of cabs with reserved vanilla frosting; frost top and edges with colored frosting. Use licorice to outline windows and make bumpers. Add starlight candies for headlights and taillights; add cookies for wheels and the spares. Place gumdrop on top of 1 car for beacon and add candles for radio antennas. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

It's too cute, right? Hope I can really make this cake.

And of course, I'm still going to buy another gift for him.


Labels: , ,

posted by Glady B. @ 1:20 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Want to Find Something?

Google

About Me


Name: Glady B.
About Me:
See my complete profile


~Today, I feel...~
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by
    Blogger Templates
SEO Score
  • This page's web design and content has got SEO score of 4

  • An SEO 1.1 Web Design