My secret place and my very own World.

Monday, May 12, 2008
Mother's Day
Belated Happy Mother’s Day Mommy!!!

I know it’s a little late but hey, it’s better late than never, right?

My family and I were on out of town that’s why I haven’t posted it on time.

But do you know how mothers’ day started?

Mother's Day Story: Celebrations in the time of Greeks and Romans
The tradition of Mothers Day started with the ancient Greeks who celebrated their annual spring festival in honor of Rhea, the mother of many Gods and Goddesses in the Greek mythology. Ancient Romans too celebrated a spring festival by the name of Hilaria in honor of Cybele, a mother goddess, some 250 years before Christ was born.

Anyways, how do we celebrate mother’s day? We celebrate mother’s day on the road but had a nice luncheon.



Labels: , ,

posted by Glady B. @ 7:39 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Want to Find Something?

Google

About Me


Name: Glady B.
About Me:
See my complete profile


~Today, I feel...~
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by
    Blogger Templates
SEO Score
  • This page's web design and content has got SEO score of 4

  • An SEO 1.1 Web Design